According to the country, the Belgian runner of the Lotto Soudal team, Bjorg Lambrecht 22 has died after hitting the ground violently just two months after being the best young man in the Critérium du Dauphiné
The team runner Lotto Soudal, from 22 years, he fell and hit the ground violently while competing in the third stage of the 150,5 km test run between Chorzow and Zabrze.
He was transferred to a hospital, although nothing could be done for his life. Belgian training has confirmed this through Twitter.
The biggest tragedy possible that could happen to the family, friends and teammates of Bjorg has happened… Rest in peace Bjorg… ❤️ pic.twitter.com/9u9LZkp2Rt
- Lotto Soudal (@Lotto_Soudal) August 5, 2019
The corridor He was professional since last year after being part of the sub team 23. Although Lambrecht had only disputed one of the three major laps of the calendar, in this case the Tour of Spain last year (test he had to leave), the cyclist had been the best young man in the Critérium du Dauphiné last June.
In 2017 he was second in the Tour del Porvenir, won by Egan Bernal. This season he began to devote himself to professionalism and obtained his first interesting results, especially in the classics. Lambrecht finished fourth in the Walloon Arrow, fifth in the Brabanzone and sixth in the Amstel Gold Race.
In the last Tour of the Basque Country he touched the victory in the second stage, only surpassed by Julian Alaphilippe.
From Triathlon News we send your most sincere condolences to your family and friends
You may also be interested in this
- A cyclist dies when being hit by a car whose driver tested positive for drugs
- One of the great promises of cycling with just 19 years left paraplegic after an accident
- The Italian promise of cycling Giovanni Iannelli dies in an accident with only 22 years
- 23 professional cyclist Modest Capell dies after an accident
- A drunk driver runs over two cyclists and runs away in Almeria