The young Italian cyclist of 22 years, Giovanni Iannelli has died in an accident during the Bassa Valley Scrivia Trophy.
Giovanni Iannelli had a strong impact against a wall in lat the end of a race when he was driving at 60 km / h his helmet broke in two and one of his pedals shot out.
According to the sports world, he lost control of the bike in the final 'sprint' and suffered a strong impact that caused his helmet to split in two. He was immediately transferred to the hospital, where they tried to save his life fruitlessly.
After not responding to the stimulation after being sedated they certified his death, which has dismayed his immediate surroundings, in addition to the world of cycling.
"A tragedy that hits us leaves us stunned and speechless. The Federation gives its condolences to Giovanni Iannelli's family ”, lamented the Italian Cycling Federation in a tweet.
A tragedy che ci colpisce, ci lascia attoniti e senza parole. La Federazione si stringe commossa alla famiglia di Giovanni Iannelli. pic.twitter.com/6qrStjnJj0
- FCI (@Federciclismo) October 7, 2019
You may also be interested in this
- A cyclist dies when being hit by a car whose driver tested positive for drugs
- One of the great promises of cycling with just 19 years left paraplegic after an accident
- 23 professional cyclist Modest Capell dies after an accident
- A drunk driver runs over two cyclists and runs away in Almeria
- The deceased cyclist's family will be compensated for an electrified wire with 240.000 €