On May 23 the 29th edition of the Club La Santa IRONMAN Lanzarote
This year it changes its format in swimming
For this edition, the organization is making a change in the format at the swim start
The oldest IRONMAN in Europe and hardest in the world, will change its symbolic mass output of the athletes to adapt it to the Rolling Start format outputs.
The outputs will be divided by age groups in batches. This will reduce the congestion of athletes in the water from a single outlet and give athletes more opportunity to have more space in the water.
Participants will have to swim the 3.800 meters to a single back in Playa Grande (Puerto del Carmen) amid a tide of spectators.
In the cycling segment, they will have to face strong winds and 2,551 meters of positive height difference in one of the rThe most beautiful bike rides on the IRONMAN circuit.
Race on foot
The three-lap walking race (42,2 km) is famous for its beautiful views, the intense sun and the crowd of spectators that cheer on the athletes
More information: Club La Santa IRONMAN LANZAROTE
You may also be interested in this
- Club La Santa IRONMAN Lanzarote is suspended due to the coronavirus
- The IRONMAN Lanzarote changes the swim start
- Get motivated with this video from Club La Santa IRONMAN Lanzarote and plan your challenge for 2020
- (VIDEO) Summary Club La Santa IRONMAN Lanzarote 2019
- The Club La Santa IRONMAN Lanzarote 2020 opens registration