• Lanzarote cycling tour
  • ZOGGS PREDATOR 4 BANNER
  • Lanzarote cycling tour

The Vitoria Triathlon World will bring together 1.150 participants from 31 countries

The Long Distance Triathlon World Championship to be held next July 29 in Vitoria will bring together 1.150 participants from 31 countries.

At the end of the registration period, the president of the Basque Triathlon Federation, Agustín Méndez, today announced these data during the presentation of the signing of a sponsorship agreement for the test with the Basque Water Agency, Ura.

The number of registrations "exceeds all forecasts" that the organizers had initially set when the capital of Álava was designated to host the 2012 World Cup.

The World Cup will have representatives of a total of 31 countries from the five continents.

In the elite category there will be 50 participants, 31 in the male category and 19 in the female category. The Spanish men's team will have six triathletes: the Vitorian Eneko Llanos, Raúl Amatriain, Richard Calle, Mikel Elgezabal, Miquel Blanchart and Pedro Miguel Reig after the injury of the Basque Peru Alfaro.

In women, the Spanish team comes with four participants, the Basques Virginia Berasategi, Gurutze Frade, Maider Gaztañaga and Navarra Estefanía Gómez.

In addition, from the elite event, age groups and paratriathlon, participation is completed with the presence of the 226 registered in the Open, open for triathletes who have not been able to get a place and will be played in the same distance as the Championship of the world.

"70 percent are Basque triathletes while the remaining 30 percent come from different countries," Agustín Méndez has remarked.

Source: lainformacion.com

Button back to top