The young man from Zipaquirá will be crowned tomorrow in Paris as the first Colombian to win the Tour, a milestone that many consider as the beginning of a new era.
Egan Bernal has become today the virtual champion of the Tour de France at the end of the last mountain stage in the Alps that was shortened to avoid what happened yesterday with the suspension of the 19ª stage.
The Ineos team manages to make history by becoming the first Colombian to win the grand gala round and fourth youngest ever in achieving it with just 22 years.
The victory of the stage has been for the Italian Vincenzo Nibali with an attack that has served to arrive with 10 seconds of advantage over Alejandro Valverde, second in the stage.
This has been his second participation in the Tour where only one attack was enough to take the win.
Tomorrow the platoon will arrive in Paris in a transition stage to be crowned as the official winner of the Tour de France 2019.
You may also be interested in this
- A landslide forces to suspend the decisive stage of the Tour de France
- (Video) The nice gesture of the leader of the Tour de France Alaphilippe with a child: he put on his yellow jersey when it was freezing cold
- The Tour de France expels Tony Martin and Luke Rowe for a hitch in full stage
- Quintana, Valverde and Landa for all in the Tour de France
- The cyclist Egan Bernal does a workout of 275.48 Km with 2.187m of unevenness at an average of almost 40 km / h