The Catalan triathlete Miquel Blanchart He starred yesterday another comeback in the race on foot in the IRONMAN Lanzarote, after getting off the bike in the 13 position.
The athlete sponsored by Skechers, showed that he is one of the best athletes in the specialty.
After finishing the 180 kilometers of cycling with more than 2.500 meters of positive slope, he faced the marathon, knowing that it is his strong point. Miquel himself told us in a interview about IM Lanzarote, that if I did not lose too much time I would have options in the race.
Miquel got off at the 13º position and with an average pace of 4: 00 min / km got a mark of 2: 46: 59 going up to the sixth final position.
It has been 6 times Finisher in Lanzarote
With this sixth place, Miquel has already finished six times the IM Lanzarote, where his best result was in 2013 and 2014 when he was second, 4º in 2015, sixth in 2016 and 2019 and seventh in 2018
The best time of the race was the fifth classified, the Belgian Diego Van Loovy with a time of 2: 49: 29 running at a rate of 3: 59
About to beat the race record in the women's event
In the female race, the fastest was Leeny Ramsey with a time of 2: 58: 59, running at a rate of 4: 17 finishing in third position
The record of the race on foot flaunt it Gerrit Schellens with 2: 44: 29 achieved in 2005 and Krsitin Moeler with 2: 58: 37 achieved in 2013
You may also be interested in this
- Frederick Van Lierde and Nikki Bartlett win Club La Santa IRONMAN of Lanzarote. Emilio Aguayo 3º and Miquel Blanchart 6º
- Iván Raña, Miquel Blanchart and Emilio Aguayo for all in the Club La Santa IRONMAN Lanzarote
- Interview Miquel Blanchart «EL IRONMAN Lanzarote is the essence of IRONMAN»
- Kenneth Gasque enters the IRONMAN Hall of Fame
- Frederick Van Lierde Will you discard Kona to focus on Nice?