The three-time World Champion (2016,2017 and 2018) Mario Mola, has been chosen by the Spanish Olympic Executive Committee to receive the outstanding athlete award Recognizing his important work and contribution to Olympism.
This same committee also decided that both Javier Gómez Noya e Ivan Raña receive the olympic order, the most important award an athlete can receive.
Already qualified for the 2020 Olympics
This it will be his third participation in an Olympic Games after London 2012 where it was 16º and Rio 2016 that was 8º.
A couple of bad results in the WTS, did not allow him to get his 4º world title
This 2019 Mario has achieved get on the podium four times for a WTS test, but for three tests where he got a bad result he has not been able to revalidate his world title, remaining 156 points of Vicent Luis, champion of the 2019.
Mola, the season has ended with the victory in the Protour, FETRI test, with the best Spanish athletes
In addition, you will receive the Royal Order of Sports Merit
In addition, last week, he also received the news that he will receive the Royal Order of Sports Merit with Fernando Alarza.
You may also be interested in this
- The best moments of the Triathlon in 2019
- Mario Mola «We need that Olympic gold to finish the job.»
- Javier Gómez Noya, Iván Raña and Mario Mola awarded at the annual COE gala
- Javier Gómez Noya and Iván Raña will receive the Olympic order
- Mario Mola and Fernando Alarza gold and bronze of the Royal Order of Sports Merit