The 2014 IRONMAN world champion, Sebastian Kienle, has confirmed that it will be on the starting line of the IRONMA South Africa the next March 29.
It will be his first test of the season, and then participate in the Challege St Pölten the 24 of May.
View this post on Instagram
I've already gotten a taste of South Africa. It's beautiful and can be unforgettable. Last time I came with my MTB for an adventure, this time I will come with the TT for a race. Last time I came with my good mate @bhoffmanracing, this time he already helped me with some good advice. Happy to start my season at @imsouthafrica. Pics: Ironman Foundation #ironman #imsa #swimbikerun #capeepic #imafricanchamps
The German has also confirmed that he will be in the Challenge Roth, test where the best triathletes in the world will be and we will see a level similar to the IRONMAN kona.
South Africa offers 2 Slots for Kona
The Galician Iván Raña, may also go to this test with the intention of getting the Slot for Kona, since it offers 2 Slots for being a Regional Championship.
Further information: https://www.ironman.com/im-south-africa
You may also be interested in this
- Gurutze Frades will look for his fifth Slot for kona in the IRONMAN SOUTH AFRICA
- Jan Frodeno IRONMAN 2019 World Champion with 7: 51: 13, test record
- Javier Gómez Noya, Pablo Dapena and Judith Corachán for everyone in the IRONMAN 70.3 World Championship
- Sebastian Kienle will be in the IRONMAN 70.3 World Championship
- Jan Frodeno wins the IRONMAN in Frankfurt by dropping from 8 hours